Saturday, September 18, 2010

What should be inventoried when doing a overview of a small network? Hardware, software, product keys?

Ok, so I have had a difficult time trying to keep our office inventoried. Everytime I think I have a hold of it pcs are switched around, new equipment brought in and spare parts become used. My boss wants me to inventory our network but I have been trying to for the past year and just keep getting frustrated. Anyone have any ideas on a better way to do this? Now I am just using an excel template and keeping track of all hardware installed, major software installed, licenses and product keys...but again it's difficult to keep up with all this information. Am I trying too hard, should I try to simplify what I am keeping track of? Any help would be greatly appreicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin