Saturday, September 18, 2010

mapping drive in active directory and running program?

I have a batch file named audit.bat which I placed in \\myserver\netlogon folder on the active directory domain. The batch file contains the following lines... net use p: \\computer\auditshare p:\cpuaudit.exe I don't want to go into each users profile and set the profile logon script but would rather assign it to a group of users and when I want certain users to run this I will simply assign them to that group. I went to users and computers and created a group called maintenance. I then went to Group Policy Management and created a Group Policy Object called auditpc. I linked that to the maintenance that was listed above. I then right clicked on the auditpc and chose Edit so I can assign the Policy. I went to Computer Configurations..Windows Settings..Scripts..Login. I added the script to \\domain\netlogon\audit.bat. I then went to the PC, logged the current user off and logged in with a user that was assigned to the maintenance group but the script or program never ran. Why? To add to my note. the user can manually run the batch file. I need to check the Gp results and see what is going on

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin