Monday, September 27, 2010

Outsourced


I've made my thoughts on 'Outsourced' pretty clear, bashing it here and here for being what I feel is an outdated, humorless, racially insensitive excuse for a comedy.

But I started thinking: what if it only feels horribly close-minded because we're sensitive to racially-charged jokes as a culture? I know we've been spoiled recently with smarter comedies like 'Modern Family' and 'Community,' but could a broad show like 'Outsourced' stand a chance and actually (gasp!) be a ratings hit for NBC?

So I turned lemons into, well, lemon-scented chutney and decided to make my own little social experiment out of the show. I outsourced any further review of 'Outsourced' to our own AOL office in Bangalore, India. Watch the video to see our Indian coworkers' honest instant reactions to the pilot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin